Blue Safety Net Eligibility Guidelines
Blue Safety Net grants are awarded to support the following:
- General operations. These grants support operating expenses that are critical in the delivery of care.
General operations: These grants provide core support for operating expenses that are critical in the delivery of care.
Organizations may request up to $100,000.
To be eligible for a Blue Safety Net grant, an organization must:
- Be a nonprofit, privately-funded health clinic or health center (note: a clinic may receive federal funding as part of its revenues)
- Provide free or nominal-fee primary medical, dental, or vision services to the uninsured and underserved
- Be located in one of the five counties (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or Philadelphia) in southeastern Pennsylvania
- Have a mission that aligns with that of the Independence Blue Cross Foundation
- Meet the general eligibility guidelines of the Independence Blue Cross Foundation
An organization’s grant request is evaluated based on the following:
- Access to quality health care services
- Increasing or expanding delivery of care
- Improving the health and wellbeing of populations served
- Reducing identified barriers to health care
- Sustainable funding, innovative and collaborative partnerships